Monday 2 November 2015

Federer defeated Nadal in ATP Final 2015

Roger Federer defeated Rafael Nadal in the ATP final yesterday at the Swiss Indoors Basel in straight sets of 6-3, 5-7, 6-3. With this tremendous win, Roger added seventh title in his hometown in his achievement list and ended the gap of  42 months win against Nadal.                                  
Federer and Nadal renewed their storied rivalry on the indoor hard courts of the ATP World Tour 500 event, with the Swiss winning for the first time since the 2012 BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, after a wait of 21 months.


After this tremendous win over Nadal, Federer said "It was one of my best weeks in Basel, considering everything I've done throughout my career here".  After all, Federer once again proved the fact that he is a tremendous player , and at the stage of this time when every one thought that he is at his last moment, he has given a solid answer to his critics who declared that Roger is at the last stage of his career.

After getting his 7th title in his hometown, he said " I thought the match was close. I had my chances in the second, but he fought back well, like he's done throughout the week really. Overall I was really happy how I played and it was a very special day.

He further added "I know I've had better backhand days and he's had better forehand days than today, but the match was high quality and it was entertaining and exciting for both of us as well. The confidence is good, no doubt about that. It's good to get back into the mood of winning after Shanghai... I think the body's gotten used to match play again after all these weeks of not playing."

After his loss against Federer after 42 months, Nadal said "My goal is to get back to my level and be competitive against the top players again and today I was very competitive against one of the best players in the world". He further added "The match wasn't far away from me. He played well and I played well too. The match was very close to win, but I think he served very well in the third. I want to congratulate him for the victory and I had a lot of quality things in my game and mental side to take away from the week."

No comments:

Post a Comment